.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

 The image “http://photos1.blogger.com/img/18/3404/640/NewsORamaLogo-rev1.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006
  Wizbang
Jay Tea lays our Sharia and the fate for those trapped under it's weight.

Wizbang: "Yesterday, I caught a bit of flak (and a whole lot more support when I tossed off a line at the end of a posting where I implied that I thought Sharia law was uncivilized. That was an error I deeply regret.

I should have said it explicitly.

I believe any legal system that permits a man to complete a divorce by reciting 'woman, I divorce you' three times, but gives no such option -- in fact, hardly any option -- to the woman is uncivilized.

I believe any legal system that gives women almost no say in who they marry, when they marry, is uncivilized.

I believe any legal system that makes such private, consensual acts as homosexuality, adultery, and fornication capital offenses is uncivilized.

I believe any legal system that includes such penalties as physical maiming is uncivilized.

I believe any legal system that requires an allegation of rape to be supported by at least two male witnesses is uncivilized.

I believe any legal system that punishes women who claim to be raped, but do not provide those two witnesses, to have confessed to adultery or fornication and punishes them as above is uncivilized.

I believe any legal system that values the rights and testimony of the adherents of one faith over others is uncivilized.

I believe any legal system that mandates women to cover as much of themselves when in public is uncivilized.

I believe any legal system that mandates women be accompanied at all times by a male relative is uncivilized.

I believe any legal system that mandates adult women of any age need their male guardian's permission for ANYTHING is uncivilized.

I believe any legal system that presumes that men are filled with uncontrollable lusts that can be unleashed by the slightest provocation by a woman is uncivilized.

I believe any legal system that blames the woman for provoking those lusts in a man is uncivilized.

I believe any legal system that is based purely on the tenets of a religion, and mandates that all must obey those tenets regardless of their beliefs, is uncivilized.

I believe any legal system that says men may marry outside the faith, but women cannot, is uncivilized.

I believe any legal system that tolerates "female circumcision" -- the removal of the clitoris and, occasionally, other tissue -- is uncivilized.

I believe any legal system that makes apostasy -- leaving one's faith -- a crime and punishes it with death is uncivilized.

I believe any legal system that punishes those who proselytize any faith besides Islam, and rewards those who promote it, is uncivilized.

Again, I apologize for any confusion that I may have caused."
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home
Current events with a sprinkle of opionion.

Name:

A prematurely crusty South Park Republican, with a raging addiction to internet news and current events.

Contact NewsORama:
 



powered by FreeFind

Daily light reading:

September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / September 2006 /


Powered by Blogger